Monday, July 18, 2011

Tuesday Night

Last Tuesday, (Yes, I know, I'm the queen of posting on time) I dyed my hair and neck red, made yummy shortcake, and had bad karaoke night with my sister.  Successful?  I'm still waiting for the results.

My hair didn't turn out quite as planned.  Even after a fair warning from The Beauty Department about at home red dye jobs, I still opted for the cheaper route and bought a ten dollar box of "medium auburn."  Let me tell you.  Listen to Kristin.

After a seven year affinity with red hair and four red highlights on the underside of my hair, I finally went all out and died my entire head hair.  Or should I say most of my hair as I didn't have enough dye to get the whole.  Although, I didn't get to be the princess of the sea and then end up being Prince Charming's princess.
And just today I redyed it with a light brown and got the original "medium auburn" I had expected.


Before I dyed my hair, my sister and I made the best peach and blueberry shortbread bar.  It's from Matchbook and it's here on page 110-111; a bit hard to find but it's worth it.  The peaches were a messy job to cut (and of course I got it)  but they tasted so good in the dish.  Just make sure you peel the skin off!



No comments:

Post a Comment