Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ramen Girl

Yesterday, I watched Ramen Girl.  It  follows Abby (Brittany Murphy) who decides to apprentice under Maezumi (Toshiyuki Nishida.)  I was very apprehensive about it at first since I'm not into movies about self centered, pitiful girls but my sister made me agree to it as long as she watched Doctor Who with me.  It turned out great and I'm really happy that I watched it.



Well, of course, it made me crave ramen like no other.  So here's a recipe (for two) that my mom taught me when I was younger.  I'm not a fan of  measurements since it just prolongs the time between preparing and eating with all of that fancy-shcmancy measuring.



Top Ramen:

Two small cans of diced tomatoes
A heavy sprinkle of onion powder
Peas to taste
A large handful of onion
Ground beef to taste
Two packets of ramen

1) Saute the onions to a light brown and toss in the meat.  Use however much you like but you want a pretty even ratio between the tomatoes and meat.  (I use MorningStar's  Veggie Crumbles since I'm vegetarian)
2) Add in the peas and onion powder and continue to cook until the meat is fully cooked.
3) Add in the whole contents of the diced tomatoes, stir, and let simmer on medium heat.
4) Cook ramen noodles to done, save the seasoning for another day. Drain noodles.
5) By this time a lot of the liquid would have evaporated from the tomatoes, this is good.
6) Serve top ramen on top of the warm ramen noodles.

The top ramen should look like spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment